we are north american scum
So I'm selling two bikes on craigslist that Katie and I left in ann arbor. I figured the incoming students would be a good market. Now, I have a fair amount of experience with buying and selling on craigslist but when I get replies like this I get a little wary:
Does anyone else think this looks and sounds like a ransom note? "you are ready to comply"? how about I give you my ss #, my mother's maiden name, and the rights to my firstborn as well?
no. no comply. no nameaddress or other personal info from me, either. you can keep your cheq. I hope like hell this person isn't a college student.
"thanks for your reply i am ready to buy it but and i will like you to get it deleted from craigslist now also i'm a get you paid in cheq you are ready to comply you can mail me your neccsary information like nameaddress zipcode and your cell number as soon as possible"
Does anyone else think this looks and sounds like a ransom note? "you are ready to comply"? how about I give you my ss #, my mother's maiden name, and the rights to my firstborn as well?
no. no comply. no nameaddress or other personal info from me, either. you can keep your cheq. I hope like hell this person isn't a college student.



5 Comments:
Totally creepy!
Definitely creepy, but it also seems a little ESL to me as well. It reads a lot like those spam emails from Nigeria where they want all your personal info so they can put millions of $$ in your bank account. Hmmm.
Yeah, I was getting some ESL signals as well....tough to say, he didn't make it past my shitscreen. Name was "bradly" which is an odd spelling.
good use of "imma." although he said i'm a.
imma buy your bike.
yea. nigeria.
Post a Comment
<< Home