There's an airline plane / flies to heaven everyday
Pictorial Ode to NYC, vol. IV (ps--Happy Real Birthday, Bri!)
the few square miles of new york city just happen to hold a good portion of my favorite people in the world. As I've said many times before, it's my retreat from the everyday. Katie and I got to meet up with dozens of friends, new and way way old. We were crazy active (kickball, trapeze class, subway train gymastics), totally passive (went to the beach on bri's sick day), and had extensive conversations about tornadoes with two of my favorite weblog writers*. Priceless and exhausting. So, here is the most recent pictorial ode, with more pictures on flickr. All in all, a trip of pinnacle highs and calamitous lows. Very dramatic. Very nyc.
Bri loves his garden. He's growing pumpkins and corn and a shitload of other veggies. Oh, and he has a pool. It's quite ridiculous, but pretty amazing as well.

This year we only had to recruit two additionals for kickball, but the paper plate bases kept changing position. Tricky, but fun. Once again, I felt old the next day because I had muscle aches from kickball. Note my free prada fancy sunglasses found (and then broken) in the park. He provideth and he taketh away...

Best piñata ever. Ricardo made it over a period of two weeks. It was huge! and he made it way extra thick so we non-children wouldn't bust into it right away.

and the surprise piñata fillings? Candy, peanuts (mexican traditional), free nyc transit condoms, massage oil, and little liquor bottles. Fan-fucking-tastic.

1 karaoke room + 30 people = $1000+ bar tab ==> chaos, anarchy, and a bit of mob-like extortion by yours truly. Oh it was fun, and a lot of generous souls chipped in for the folks who slid out early, but the moral is: get your drinks at the bar.

coney island beach. Best viewed at night when you can't really see anything and they can't see how much beer you're carrying.

Swinging. 'nuff said.

the marionettes at coney. Pay 25 cents to make them dance.

Bri finally got to play shoot the freak. Check off one life goal. It was admittedly a little weird and a lot disappointing. The freak, who was some poor shirtless teenager, put on some goggles, lifted a shield and stood still until the shooting had stopped. Can you blame him?

Best thing to do on a monday morning when you call in sick to work: go learn trapeze on the banks of the river in manhattan. SO fun. I already posted the videos here.

ode to nyc vol III
ode to nyc vol II
ode to nyc vol I
*Que Sera Sera was the first weblog I ever read, before I even knew what one was. I was googling for my friend Sera and stumbled upon Sarah B.'s site instead. She's a damn funny writer and damn funny in person.
the few square miles of new york city just happen to hold a good portion of my favorite people in the world. As I've said many times before, it's my retreat from the everyday. Katie and I got to meet up with dozens of friends, new and way way old. We were crazy active (kickball, trapeze class, subway train gymastics), totally passive (went to the beach on bri's sick day), and had extensive conversations about tornadoes with two of my favorite weblog writers*. Priceless and exhausting. So, here is the most recent pictorial ode, with more pictures on flickr. All in all, a trip of pinnacle highs and calamitous lows. Very dramatic. Very nyc.
Bri loves his garden. He's growing pumpkins and corn and a shitload of other veggies. Oh, and he has a pool. It's quite ridiculous, but pretty amazing as well.

This year we only had to recruit two additionals for kickball, but the paper plate bases kept changing position. Tricky, but fun. Once again, I felt old the next day because I had muscle aches from kickball. Note my free prada fancy sunglasses found (and then broken) in the park. He provideth and he taketh away...

Best piñata ever. Ricardo made it over a period of two weeks. It was huge! and he made it way extra thick so we non-children wouldn't bust into it right away.

and the surprise piñata fillings? Candy, peanuts (mexican traditional), free nyc transit condoms, massage oil, and little liquor bottles. Fan-fucking-tastic.

1 karaoke room + 30 people = $1000+ bar tab ==> chaos, anarchy, and a bit of mob-like extortion by yours truly. Oh it was fun, and a lot of generous souls chipped in for the folks who slid out early, but the moral is: get your drinks at the bar.

coney island beach. Best viewed at night when you can't really see anything and they can't see how much beer you're carrying.

Swinging. 'nuff said.

the marionettes at coney. Pay 25 cents to make them dance.

Bri finally got to play shoot the freak. Check off one life goal. It was admittedly a little weird and a lot disappointing. The freak, who was some poor shirtless teenager, put on some goggles, lifted a shield and stood still until the shooting had stopped. Can you blame him?

Best thing to do on a monday morning when you call in sick to work: go learn trapeze on the banks of the river in manhattan. SO fun. I already posted the videos here.

ode to nyc vol III
ode to nyc vol II
ode to nyc vol I
*Que Sera Sera was the first weblog I ever read, before I even knew what one was. I was googling for my friend Sera and stumbled upon Sarah B.'s site instead. She's a damn funny writer and damn funny in person.



3 Comments:
Looks like you had an amazing weekend!
Your Coney pictures made me so happy, but then that asterisk made my day! Thanks, JW.
Sarah b- this morning we had to recount all the funny pronunciations of taco bell and insurance. hope to see you again next time in nyc.
Post a Comment
<< Home