all I ever really want to do is get nice
people keep asking me what I'm doing for my 30th birthday, to which I reply, "I'm going to my sister's rehearsal dinner." It's true: her wedding is the day after my birthday. Not opportune, but it should be fun though a bit sterile. I may need to spike the punch and maybe an extra xanax for mom (she gets all giggly and dancey).
Still, I'm left with the nagging feeling that I should do something monumental for the big 3-0. Not that I'm all into round numbers but any excuse for a good party, really. People, this is where I need your help. I need your grand birthday ideas, either that you've done or wished you'd done; the more obscure or offbeat the better. The caveat: my sister has already laid claim to friday october 12th (my birthday proper) and saturday the 13th for her wedding (the little brother in me is incensed at her nerve). Then again, long-time readers will recall that I am a big proponent of thebirthweek birthmonth, so any day is open.
So, lay it on me! Extra points for creativity or if surfing is involved. Tattoos are not out of the question. No piercings, though. Been there, removed that.
Still, I'm left with the nagging feeling that I should do something monumental for the big 3-0. Not that I'm all into round numbers but any excuse for a good party, really. People, this is where I need your help. I need your grand birthday ideas, either that you've done or wished you'd done; the more obscure or offbeat the better. The caveat: my sister has already laid claim to friday october 12th (my birthday proper) and saturday the 13th for her wedding (the little brother in me is incensed at her nerve). Then again, long-time readers will recall that I am a big proponent of the
So, lay it on me! Extra points for creativity or if surfing is involved. Tattoos are not out of the question. No piercings, though. Been there, removed that.



4 Comments:
I have that Monday and Tuesday off, perhaps a late-weekend trip to Toronto or Chicago?
Or perhaps breakfast and a massage for Friday morning?
Anything that involves food or a massage is good...Hey, how about a food massage? Oh, that might be too messy.
mmm...food massage.
Post a Comment
<< Home