10.8.07

another day older, another day in debt

goblet

cheers to bri, six days before his birthday but the first day of his birth-week. I'm a huge fan of the birthweek or the birthmonth for that matter. Just keep the parties rolling as long as possible.

bri and I have known each other for twenty-ish years, so 66% of his or my life. That's pretty good. And yet he can still manage to make me piss myself laughing.

so, see you in a few hours, bri. we'll live up the weekend like ten-year-olds on a sugar binge. in the meantime, here is your first present.

backstory: a few years ago, bri was lamenting his severe student loans. In a fit of particularly deep self-pity he mentioned how he couldn't even commit suicide because his parents were co-signers on the loans and they would be held accountable for the money after his death. We both found this darkly humorous and I told him I would write a song about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you something silly, snatch mountain. beautiful song. can't wait to see you in ... oh, 10 hours. natch.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Terroni said...

An incredible birthday gift...genius really.
A steady diet of gravel and heartache, indeed.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home