24.8.07

if I held the door open for you, it wouldn't make your day

so, two years after we really, really started dating*, Katie and I are finally living in the same place. One home; one place for everything. No more need for two of everything to keep the essentials at both places. Our home is not in ann arbor, which was our choice, but now the detroit jazz clubs are that much closer (as are Evan and Alissa).

our history entry from two years ago today. italics are katie's, uprights are mine.

august 24 (wed) - dinner at Seva. You were waiting at the bar when I got there, dressed all in brown and looking like the only woman I'd ever wanted to be with. looking back, I'm impressed that you were early (hey) so it must have meant something to you. Actually I think I was sitting around at my house half an hour before hand, all dressed up, waiting for the time to pass. I was actually hoping you would get there first so I could make a nice entrance, but got too impatient. we sat outside and I couldn't see you because of the sun in my eyes. you’re so adorable, I remember you saying “in about 5 more minutes, I’ll finally be able to see you.” we talked of your australia trip and had a tippy table. afterwards we walked to downtown and saw that tiny, false doorway. it reminded me of puppeteers and Being John Malkovich, but you said it before I did (not a test, but you totally passed it anyways). you invited me back to see your australia pictures and have licorice tea. they were beautiful and you sat close to show them to me. the evening light faded into darkness before we were done looking at them. I wanted to kiss you, but didn't. I was disappointed that you didn't kiss me, but also disappointed that I didn't kiss you. you gave me a goodbye hug that I can still feel to this day; I knew I would see you again soon and that I would kiss you then.


* katie and I celebrate as many anniversaries as possible. examples: the day we met, first date, second date (described above), etc. etc. It ensures we have lots of excuses to get dolled up and go out for dinner and drinks. Our second date was separated from the first by a few months, so it gets special attention.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your journal entries and am so glad you both will be closer to Evan and I. Looking forward to celebrating with you both on Wednesday.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

This is so sweet.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Terroni said...

Congratulations...to both of you.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I'm blog hopping today. So, you um...don't know me, but hello.

And wow. Anniversaries. And remembering them. I have trouble remembering our anniversary and have more than once forgotten my partner's birthday.

Yup. I'm a real catch....

I DO have a good friend who lives in Yspilanti but she and her boyfriend both work in Ann Arbor, so are moving there next weekend. She isn't fond of Michigan, but she is kind of hard to please....

12:50 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post. It's great that you both enjoy the celebrations.

10:00 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

thanks, y'all.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home