cease to resist giving my goodbye
continuing a recurring theme, I've realized that lately I feel like my life is in order (that is to say, I'm on top of things) when three conditions are satisfied:
1) I have groceries
2) I have more than a four day supply of critical clothing (boxers & socks, mainly)
3) I slept more than six hours the previous night
I say this to steel myself against the mania that will consume the weeks leading up to Christmas. And when I say consumed I'm talking flamethrower in a SoCal pine forest, already dry and crackly from the summer heat. What brings all this on? I did a little math and realized that I have fifteen normal work days between me and Christmas. But wait--aren't there still six weeks before then? yes. exactly. I'm about to enter gypsy mode again. six weeks minus 4 days in NYC minus 5 days in the U.P. minus 12 days in Japan = 3 normal weeks until Christmas (he says as his forehead beads with sweat). trust me, I'm not complaining, quite the contrary. and yet...and yet...
for those of you who are used to hearing from me on a semi-regular basis (which I guess means brian, aka cracky), I promise to write.
1) I have groceries
2) I have more than a four day supply of critical clothing (boxers & socks, mainly)
3) I slept more than six hours the previous night
I say this to steel myself against the mania that will consume the weeks leading up to Christmas. And when I say consumed I'm talking flamethrower in a SoCal pine forest, already dry and crackly from the summer heat. What brings all this on? I did a little math and realized that I have fifteen normal work days between me and Christmas. But wait--aren't there still six weeks before then? yes. exactly. I'm about to enter gypsy mode again. six weeks minus 4 days in NYC minus 5 days in the U.P. minus 12 days in Japan = 3 normal weeks until Christmas (he says as his forehead beads with sweat). trust me, I'm not complaining, quite the contrary. and yet...and yet...
for those of you who are used to hearing from me on a semi-regular basis (which I guess means brian, aka cracky), I promise to write.



2 Comments:
I'm expecting a gift from Japan, just because well... I want one and it is the giving season :)
wasabi peas and green teas for all!!
Post a Comment
<< Home