sound collage fun @ work
I actually had to do this curious experiment at work this morning. it turned out well, so now I'm sharing it with y'all. for your auditory enjoyment do the following:
1) Search for all .wav files on your computer.
2) Add them all to the playlist of your favorite music listening software (I use windows media player because I'm lazy).
3) listen and enjoy to the result that is stitched together.
it's like your ears are dreaming, with a rapidfire of unrelated sounds flowing through your headphones. a train whistle followed by the sound of a ventilator into the sound of howling wolves. a phone rings, a dog pants, and popcorn pops. actually, the best result was all these clips of kids laughing, one after the other. second favorite was going through all the sounds for the pinball game. brilliant.
also, first listen to them sequentially (that way you get all the related sounds in a row), then hit shuffle. sonic mania ensues. revolution #9 via windows xp.
note: if you're on a mac you'll probably have to search for a different file extension (.aiff? not sure.)
1) Search for all .wav files on your computer.
2) Add them all to the playlist of your favorite music listening software (I use windows media player because I'm lazy).
3) listen and enjoy to the result that is stitched together.
it's like your ears are dreaming, with a rapidfire of unrelated sounds flowing through your headphones. a train whistle followed by the sound of a ventilator into the sound of howling wolves. a phone rings, a dog pants, and popcorn pops. actually, the best result was all these clips of kids laughing, one after the other. second favorite was going through all the sounds for the pinball game. brilliant.
also, first listen to them sequentially (that way you get all the related sounds in a row), then hit shuffle. sonic mania ensues. revolution #9 via windows xp.
note: if you're on a mac you'll probably have to search for a different file extension (.aiff? not sure.)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home