25.10.05

sloth: one of the 7 deadlies

at looooong last I finished the song I wrote for David. He won the New E-mail Naming Contest and I had promised a song to him eons ago. Well, he off and moved to Boston before I was done, but it is complete, mixed down, and sent out. On the whole, I think it turned out well. Just acoustic guitar and vocals, a sort of hybrid of Sufjan Stevens and They Might Be Giants. The nice thing for me personally is that this means my little digital home recording studio is now limping along. Time to convert all the old cassette tapes to digital (got a slew from my old radio show on WCBN) and sell the tape deck.

So, congrats Dave. I hope Beantown treats you well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Um, I guess my question is, why can't I hear the song right now? I mean, I know it's for Dave, but is he the only one who gets to hear it? Sheesh.

8:08 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

um, because blogger.com sucks and I have no place to host it? but just for you, kittenpants, I'll send you your Very Own Copy.

it's only special people who get to hear me sing, after all. Mostly, they are the people who will still be friends with me afterwards.

8:43 AM  
Blogger David Chin said...

I posted it at my blog, so you can download it from there. :D

THANKS, JOHN!!!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could podcast it...?

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home