17.4.05

disconnected pieces make the whole

I sat out on my deck today, drinking tea and watching clouds go by. Perfect. I could hear some random birds, the crack of a softball bat from the field over the railroad tracks, an errant plane now and then. Makes me wish I had a baseball bat. Call up two or three friends, play a little home run derby out at one of the fields on Hines Drive.

My neighbor's fat cat, Charcoal Briquette, is back to prowling about and owning the street. He fears neither man nor beast nor motor vehicle. I suspect that will be his undoing someday.

Listened to alot of Doc Watson today. Tuned my guitar to a crazy tuning and tried to find some interesting chord progrssions. Took a nap on the couch with the windows open and the breeze blowing in. Watson was playing live with Earl Scruggs and Ricky Skaggs.

Got some movies from the library, On the Waterfront and Blood Simple, but I'm not yet ready to go inside.

I miss my grill. I made some salmon with jerk seasoning for lunch, but it's just not the same when it's baked.

My herbs are already coming up. Oregano is a weed, I swear. It's too bad I don't like chives, my plant is already gigantic. Luckily, it does get pretty pinkpurple flowers, so I'll let it live.

The sunlight is beginning to wane; I think it's time for dinner and a movie.

1 Comments:

Blogger j-dub said...

damn. I was just re-reading this post, over a year later, and in fact my neighbor's cat met his undoing at the hands of a freight train a mere month or two ago.

may you chase squirrels in your little cat heaven, charcoal.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home