15.4.05

three quick hits

last night I drank waaaay too much green tea with dinner, so I didn't get to bed until well past midnight. I was listening to WDET and they were giving away tickets to see Kraftwerk; I figured I was up that long, I might was well try to win them. Naturally, I fall asleep listening to the radio and didn't win tickets but did had some wacked out dreams.

--

today on the way to work I had a Ford Explorer blast by me, followed immediately by a Chevy Tahoe and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It amused me because it sort of summarized the Big 3 automakers in the 1990s. I keep wondering how long they're counting on that crutch to continue supporting them.

--

CD of the day: Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy EP

This EP has what might be my favorite song in the world: track #2, "Flim." It is slightly melancholy, with a simple little children's-music melody and typical Aphex Twin staccato drum beats; nothing necessarily special, but I absolutely love it. It's the song I want to hear when I die--THAT sort of song. Also, one of the last gifts I ever received from S. was a CD from a jazz trio called The Bad Plus; they do an amazing cover of "Flim," which is why she bought it for me. There is a certain level of irony there, but it was truly a special gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home