wiggle on the flo'
thanks to a comment from Duke I was informed of some sublime music created in Ypsilanti a few years back. A found demo tape, later dubbed the "Ypsilanti All-Starz," made the rounds after being posted on Found magazine's website. A little web-sleuthing reveals that the tape was made (ostensibly as a joke) by a fellow named Tim Schreiber (info from empty-handed.com), who was an Ypsi resident at the time.
Turns out Mr. Schreiber was also in a slightly better-known local band named Cornish in a Turtleneck back in the late 90s (when I was at U-M in Ann Arbor). A friend of mine, James, played bass for them for a spell, and I remember playing a few tracks from them on WCBN when I DJ'd one summer. All this to say, I'm 2 degrees away from "Yo' Shit Be Up In My Face." I'm so proud.
Turns out Mr. Schreiber was also in a slightly better-known local band named Cornish in a Turtleneck back in the late 90s (when I was at U-M in Ann Arbor). A friend of mine, James, played bass for them for a spell, and I remember playing a few tracks from them on WCBN when I DJ'd one summer. All this to say, I'm 2 degrees away from "Yo' Shit Be Up In My Face." I'm so proud.



5 Comments:
Just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed your blog. (Followed you back from a comment - hahahahaha.) Especially the music stuff; I grew up and live in Nashville, where we are all born terrible music snobs. Whether we have any taste or not.
yeah I agree with tiff: This blog is great (and also that N-villains are snobs)! First time I've ever been mentioned in a post. It's almost like having my own blog.
"Fly girls wiggle on the flo'"
yeah I agree with tiff: This blog is great (and also that N-villains are snobs)! First time I've ever been mentioned in a post. It's almost like having my own blog.
"Fly girls wiggle on the flo'"
thanks y'all. hmm...I guess I do talk about music a lot, eh?
I've been looking here there and everywhere for the Ypsilanti All Starz CD... and would do (virtually) anything for a copy...
Robin
robin dot heath@gmail dot com
Post a Comment
<< Home