19.9.07

every day it's a'gettin closer

katie finds it interesting that I always have a song in my head. We've had conversations about whether I always have a song in my head because I'm always listening to music, and whether I'd eventually stop if I didn't listen to music for a while. The mere thought of this freaks me out a little, but I have gone a week or more without music, usually while traveling. This trip has been similar, where I've gone the past four days without music. During these dry spells I notice my brain gravitates to curious songs: songs I maybe haven't heard or thought of in ages.

This morning I woke up singing "every day" by buddy holly and then on my run it transitioned into "moondance" by van morrison. I think moondance went better with the rhythm and tempo of running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home