slipping on through the sensors
I'm really starting to reach the point where I'm skipping one thing because it overlaps with something else, which I'm also skipping to do something I think is more important. Which is all an extremely cryptic, generic way of saying I'm out of clean laundry again and it's not even on my to-do list anywhere. Hmm....maybe on page three somewhere. I'm reaching the point where my vision is so focused on the immediate present that I have no capacity to plan even a few days in advance. Example: I have to prepare some material for bible study on wednesday, but had not even thought about it until it was mentioned by someone who doesn't even go to the bible study and has no vested interest in it. Likewise, I leave for NYC on thursday and really should figure out when my plane is leaving and how I'm going to get to the airport. Little things like that. I need to pay my bills. I need to figure out why my shower is dripping through the floor into the basement. I need to send out cds of pictures that I promised to people over a month ago. I need to send out Scott's birthday present before I decide to call it a Christmas present instead. I need to figure out my Japan trip so I don't resort to sleeping in a capsule hotel for a week straight. I need to buy some fruit and bread and milk. I need to stop dozing off and having instantaneous dreams during conversations. I need to post pictures of my swank new hat (purchased at none other than Detroit's own Henry the Hatter).
But mostly I'm not thinking about any of these things; or rather, am only half-thinking about them. Mostly I'm thinking about how incredibly lovedrunk I am, and how all the peripherals of life get a little hazy and out of focus in comparison. Mostly I'm thinking about how dreamlike my life has become and how the everyday activities swish around me and I hardly notice them. My gaze is fixed and seemingly nothing can pry it away.
But mostly I'm not thinking about any of these things; or rather, am only half-thinking about them. Mostly I'm thinking about how incredibly lovedrunk I am, and how all the peripherals of life get a little hazy and out of focus in comparison. Mostly I'm thinking about how dreamlike my life has become and how the everyday activities swish around me and I hardly notice them. My gaze is fixed and seemingly nothing can pry it away.



1 Comments:
You SO win. I'm glad to see you following in our footsteps with the "mushy" posts. You guys are just as sickening as Evan and I are. It's fabulous.
Post a Comment
<< Home