heights and depths are relative
I've been worried about my coffee consumption lately. I always said I didn't want to be a person who required coffee to get through the day, so in the past I made sure I only drank it a couple times per week. Coffee and I had an "as-needed basis" relationship. But for the past two months or so it's been nearly an everyday thing, sometimes more. However, I just witnessed a co-worker make an entire pot of coffee and put it into a carafe to bring back to his desk. This ain't for sharin', folks. So I felt a little better about my own level of consumption, and poured myself a guilt-free cup. Self-control is dead--long live self-control!
--
I was excited last night to make the first use of herbs from my garden. I made stuffed chicken breast with roasted red peppers and chevre plus some oregano and chives from the garden. I'm still trying to come to terms with chives, we don't yet see eye to eye. But it is supposed to snow this weekend (!!), so I'm hoping my happy little herbs don't die a young death.
--
I was excited last night to make the first use of herbs from my garden. I made stuffed chicken breast with roasted red peppers and chevre plus some oregano and chives from the garden. I'm still trying to come to terms with chives, we don't yet see eye to eye. But it is supposed to snow this weekend (!!), so I'm hoping my happy little herbs don't die a young death.



4 Comments:
Man, you gotta get off that psychoactive alkaloid (caffeine).
That's a serious drug.
I won't lecture, but I would like to mention that caffeine is a natural poison in high doses, AND that it crosses the blood-brain barrier with impunity. Doesn't even need a passport. That's why quitting gives you a literal headache.
I've been Caffeine free and clear for 2 years, and my brain thanks me for it every morning when I wake up fresh.
Give it a try.
This is how bad it gets for some people:
http://www.xoxide.com/noname16.html
...but Vitamin A is poisonous in large doses as well :)
point well taken though. I have to say, admitting the problem is the first step. At the same time, I haven't yet gotten to the point where the first thing I do when my alarm goes off is pop a Vivarin and hit the snooze button.
Sorry if I sounded like a condescending health-dork in that last post. I actually still lust after caffeine almost daily, so I'm not all that great of an example myself. At least you realize it's not a good substitute for sleep. One day at a time, brother...
And I didn't know vit-A was killer. I'll bet most everything I eat will kill a man in a high dose (I'm thinking of Pringles specifically).
Post a Comment
<< Home