21.1.10

speeding along

for the past two days my mind's been singing "the race is on again" by yo la tengo. This is either because (1) I'm fighting to get a paper submitted before a deadline or (2) because my mind really wants me to go see yo la tengo tomorrow. Or both.

Alas, the concert is in Pontiac, which is a good hour drive from Ann Arbor and isn't on the way to anything else, nor is their any other reason to go to Pontiac. It seems all the good concerts have been going there lately, which also explains why I haven't seen a concert in a long while.

Pontiac: it's not only a defunct car brand, it's also a defunct city. Both my parents were born and raised there. Much of my family used to live there, so we'd visit regularly as I was growing up. Yet, other than these concerts I can't think of a single reason to go there.


the race is on again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home