arkham
K: "I wish we had more graphic novels. That's really what I want to read right now."J: "We have one you haven't read--a Batman one. It's really creepy and scary, though."
K: "How did I not know this?...and Batman isn't creepy."
J: "This one is. It's beautiful and haunting and will give you bad dreams. It's all set in an insane asylum."
[it's "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth"--one of the few comic books I still own from my heyday back in 1990 or thereabouts]
J: (flipping through) "See? It's totally scary. The Joker alone is super freaky."
K: "Okay, you're right. I don't want to read it."
J: "Check out Scarecrow. Dude looks like a nightmare."
K: "Aaahh! Stop showing me!"
And I was the one who ended up having comic book dreams last night. Maybe we need to get some good X-men graphic novels to balance.



3 Comments:
Start with Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men. Good, complete story, not a bad starting point (and only a few bad dreams).
Man, I somehow forgot that Grant Morrison also wrote Arkham...
Don't let that stop you. It's a great set of books. He is, probably, one of my favorite writers.
ha. thanks for the tips.
we got some of the Ultimate X-men series from the library (thanks for the tip, Evan!) and they're starting out pretty damn dark.
Post a Comment
<< Home