7.11.09

graff



when you reach the third floor of the electrical engineering building you're far beyond the reach of the undergraduates. You're basically in lab land: the realm of graduate students and the occasional professor. The third floor men's bathroom is devoid of the usual graffiti, but features this Ezra Pound poem written in one of the stalls.

It's the best kind of graffiti: the kind that adds. More than once it has lifted me out of my computer-dominated world and into a more contemplative place. I wish I knew who wrote it; I'd like to thank him.

4 Comments:

Anonymous joshua said...

i have always liked that line.

the parts of the engineering building that are far from students ... the good parts.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I love good graffiti. That is great.

Word verification? "forkedd". Awesome.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Terroni said...

I've come back to read this several times. I can't imagine how much time I might spend in that actual stall if I worked there.

10:56 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

this line, sadly, is now gone as they re-painted the bathroom stalls. I'm thinking I will have to re-write it.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home