synchronicity
In further adventures of "Do I listen to music to understand my emotions?", I have one more data point on the affirmative side.
Today: windy, cool fall. Me: agitated with stress dreams and biking to school, cursing under my breath at every lax driver, the blockading road construction, hapless pedestrians (really not their fault), sidewalk cracks...cursing at everything under the grey sky, really.
I get to school and put on the headphones, mulling what to listen to when I decide to put on Joanna Newsom. This is odd because, though I got Ys a year or two ago, I've never been able to get into her brand of epic, quirky folk: music that sounds like a one-woman musical based on a mash-up of A Midsummer Night's Dream and Pan's Labyrinth.
But today: confused, windy, foreboding; feeling the edge drawing close and then ebbing away. Today I got it.
Today: windy, cool fall. Me: agitated with stress dreams and biking to school, cursing under my breath at every lax driver, the blockading road construction, hapless pedestrians (really not their fault), sidewalk cracks...cursing at everything under the grey sky, really.
I get to school and put on the headphones, mulling what to listen to when I decide to put on Joanna Newsom. This is odd because, though I got Ys a year or two ago, I've never been able to get into her brand of epic, quirky folk: music that sounds like a one-woman musical based on a mash-up of A Midsummer Night's Dream and Pan's Labyrinth.
But today: confused, windy, foreboding; feeling the edge drawing close and then ebbing away. Today I got it.



1 Comments:
I'd never heard of her before. This music is brilliant. Reminds me some of the Sallyangie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDATlGQmOHU
Post a Comment
<< Home