11.7.08

pros / cons

reasons not to work for a Japanese company:

1) A guy who worked for Toyota recently died from working too much.

2) Our plants in Japan are working Tuesday - Saturday during the summer to save money on electricity (it being cheaper on the weekends). No one questions this policy.

3) tanshin huni

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

died from working too much. simple, to the point

3:53 PM  
Blogger Terroni said...

can you die from working too little? what kind of company is that? because i think i want to work for them.

i'll take my chances.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I don't think I could work for a Japanese company. I'm just not willing to sacrifice all that much for a job.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Terroni said...

i may actually be working for a japanese company right now.

except, without the japanese.

12:04 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

I bet on-call doctors in Japan work 36 hour days.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4) There is a dedicated word for 1, "Karōshi"

4:14 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

Alex, I'm worried why you knew that. It's nothing to do with game programmer's schedules, right? right?

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home