nigh onto the closing
my time at this job is rapidly approaching its endgame: after today, I've only four work days left before I tell them I'm leaving in August. Coupled with that is a tricky set of emotions, ranging from exultant freedom to lamenting loss. One thing I'll miss is working with a variety of people here, in Japan, and in Belgium. I'll particularly miss one guy in Japan who I've worked with quite a bit over the years (previously mentioned here).
For as long as I've known he's had this as his away message:

I have no idea what it says, but the little ascii cats will forever endear him to me. I imagine it says something typically Japanese, overly polite and apologetic for missing your message. I'm sorry; I am sleeping now. Please excuse this regrettable human necessity and wait patiently my reply.
I kinda want to use it as my permanent away message once I leave here, but in reality I know they'll just cut my account and forward all my mail to someone who doesn't want it. I'm sorry; I've left permanently. It's been fun, except when it wasn't.
For as long as I've known he's had this as his away message:

I have no idea what it says, but the little ascii cats will forever endear him to me. I imagine it says something typically Japanese, overly polite and apologetic for missing your message. I'm sorry; I am sleeping now. Please excuse this regrettable human necessity and wait patiently my reply.
I kinda want to use it as my permanent away message once I leave here, but in reality I know they'll just cut my account and forward all my mail to someone who doesn't want it. I'm sorry; I've left permanently. It's been fun, except when it wasn't.



1 Comments:
The thing I've always loved about leaving a job is when everyone starts bitching about something they'll have to deal with in the future, in my head I could think, "I won't be here then." That is a wonderful feeling.
Post a Comment
<< Home