7.7.08

songs from the heartland

it's tough to say anything about colorado that you haven't heard already. New things that I learned:

- New Belgium is my new favorite brewery. Wind-powered, bike mascoted, employee owned. And lots of free tasting.

- The mountains are dry. Damn dry. If you're a city and you want to light off fireworks on the 4th, be prepared to light the hillside on fire.

- I miss dogs. Big dogs that smile and howl and have no concept of how they step all over your bare feet.



www.flickr.com



3 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

After all of this flooding, I keep thinking that being dry would be a nice change. Although, going to California this month will probably mean trading one natural disaster for another.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Terroni said...

great pictures, jay dub.
and, now that you mention it, i sort of miss those dogs, too.

10:54 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

Churlita, on your way perhaps you could drag a hose from Iowa to Cali...I think they'd appreciate it!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home