1.8.07

when the music's over, turn out the lights

I almost never do these, but as tom cruise's friend said in risky business: sometimes you gotta say, 'what the fuck.' maybe it's peer pressure.

Are you taller than your mother?
thank goddess, yes.

What color is your car?
black on black, all in we're gonna win. (bonus points if you can name the song).

If you instantly become qualified for any profession, what would you do?
professional surfer. I love the ocean.

What is your ring-tone?
the least offensive one I could find that also wasn't some piece of classical or pop music re-done in synth tones. [shudder] actually, my favorite is watching phones vibrate off a hard table onto the floor. it just strikes me funny, I don't know why.

Is there an animal that creeps you out?
carnies. small hands, smell like cabbage.

The last person you rode an elevator with?
I remember lots of lifts at the airport when going to/from belgium, because I was rolling two suitcases of test equipment and carrying a backpack full of clothes. Not easy. [tangent aside, I guess "katie" is the answer"]

Did you go ice skating as a kid?
not much of that in saudi arabia.

Last person you had an argument with.
people at work, almost every day. you gotta stand your ground. I'm real easygoing until someone starts to give me shit.

Ever have stitches?
ever know a child with a lazy eye? at least four times, in my head alone.

Favorite non alcoholic drink?
tea. used to be green, but I've fallen in love with ti quan yin oolong. I'm pretty sure that makes me a total snob. oh, and watermelon (I consider eating watermelon a drink).

How long ago did you kiss someone?
too long...I guess 6 hours ago, at this point. Kissing strangers should be encouraged, I think. Cheeks, anyways. Guerrilla kiss mobs.

Ever caught something on fire?
Ever been in the boy scouts? they teach you handy things, like how to modify cigarette lighters into bunsen burners. jets of blue flame in your fingertips. look out.

Ever seen the northern lights?
sadly, no. maybe some day on a trip to the upper peninsula with katie.

Would you be a surrogate mother, carry a baby for someone else?
damn straight! just call me a seahorse.

Ever been in a fight?
I was going to say "I'm a lover, not a fighter" but alissa already stole it. Plus I was in kickboxing for 4 years, so I'd be a liar.

Wearing nail polish?
Not too much lately. Maybe the last was last summer. In college I used to paint my pinkie finger on my left hand with bright glitter polish. Never had the dexterity to do the right hand.

Innie or outie?
closets are for clothes.

Ever used a Ouija board?
I was always a skeptic.

Sweet or sour?
sweet vermouth and a pisco sour.

Sun or Moon?
the sun. I get too moody at night.

What shoes did you wear today?
light brown asics running shoes. with office clothes. because it's what my new boss wears and I decided to give it a try.

Favorite eye color of the opposite sex?
it's not the color, but the structure of the iris that is so cool. katie's eyes look like supernovas, but only in the right kind of light.

Most important quality in a relationship.
love.

Nap today?
yes, please. but probably not.

Time of day that you were born?
dunno, but I bet it was right on time. I have this uncanny capacity to be on time, even when I purposely try not to be.

Do you know your blood type?
Be positive!!! yeah! best.blood-type.ever.

Name something annoying about public transit?
that it rarely exists in the U.S.? not that I don't like biking to work, but it just doesn't work so well in the snow.

Did you grow up in a city or in the country?
town? near the persian gulf. four blocks from the beach, oh yeah. and I wonder why I love the ocean?

Consider going on a reality show for a large amount of money?
I reeeally wanted to be on frontier house when I saw it on pbs. chopping wood and harvesting eggs for a summer. building a cabin in the hills of montana.

Flown in your dreams?
occasionally. but when I realize I'm flying, I either fall or wake up.

Whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
please. I've been to japan a lot with my boss who likes to order "challenging" dishes for the table to try. Fish eyes, raw horse meat, whole baby squid, chicken hearts,....no insects, though.

Hugs or kisses?
more please.

What was the best night out of your life? Lurid details please!
why does a best night out have to be lurid? I rarely get lurid outdoors.

What form of dancing are you best at?
dancing with myself (much to katie's chagrin). I'm dangerous on the dance floor and I love it.

Would you at any time of your life have done playboy for a million?
there are a lot of charities that can use that money, and I'm quietly exhibitionist. bring it.

Gold or silver?
polished stone. precious metals mining wreaks serious environmental havoc. do you know how much mercury they use to mine gold? just ask suriname. (now I've just guilted a slew of people. sorry)

If you joined the circus, what would you be?
trapeze! bri organized a trapeze class for his birthday party in nyc in 2 weeks. woo!

Do you have a criminal record?
I once got stopped for possessing a stolen street sign. they called me in, but I got off because of my otherwise clean record. the funny thing was that the sign had fallen down, and it was my mother (good, catholic, never a mile over the speed limit) who suggested I take it.

What item of make-up can you not live with out?
sunblock keeps me from having those awful cycling tan lines on my arms and legs. well, it helps, anyways.

Slurpee flavor?
I used to adore grape/cherry, stratified. Bri gets a slurpee every time he comes back to michigan. apparently, they don't have them in brooklyn.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terroni said...

I didn't even know you could have a trapeze-themed birthday.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Terroni said...

Now I feel jipped...26 birthdays without a single trapeze.

7:50 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

you gotta go big for the 3-0. Because we all like round numbers.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Hey, I might actually steal this survey. I will totally attribute,though.

4:22 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

it is one of the more interesting ones I've seen....but I have to attribute to alissa and terroni.

maybe someday I'll make up my own, in a fit of bizarre thinking during a caffeinated high.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home