17.8.05

In 3s

  • SoCo punch: thanks to a recent google hit, I found that if you google for "SoCo punch" mine is the first site that comes up. Ah, finally this site is the pillar of high culture that I always imagined it would be.
  • Rockoto mixx tapes: my friend Mary (who won the Fashion By Democracy competition and made me this) has a blossoming series of new weblogs (plural), each of which is divine in its own way. The newest addition to the fray is her Mixx Tapes site. The cover/tracklist of the first edition is shown below. Superb!
  • McSweeney's Sun Tzu list: okay, this list was posted a few days ago and you've all seen it already, but I spent the weekend hanging my food from a tree so the bears and raccoons wouldn't eat it, so cut me some slack. This list is special to me because in a former, geekier* life I was a computer game freak. I had this game based on Sun Tzu's Art of War and he would always give some wise adage before you would head out to battle. I love the thought of the sayings on this list coming out of his stern visage on my computer screen.

*yes, that is possible. I used to pick out my own glasses instead of having my friends do so. 'nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home