like adult books, we're all in a line
what happens when an early-80s LA punk band (X) decides to re-form as a country/rockabilly band? you get the Knitters. saw them last night at the Magic Stick and it was an *amazing* show. Exene and John Doe's voices are just perfect for country harmonies, and even though they're all in their mid-40s they still bring a wild punk energy to the show. their "wrecking ball" song whipped everyone into a frenzy, and they did killer covers of "rock island line" and "magic carpet ride." Plus John Doe kind of looks like my friend Noah, which was really amusing to me.
anyways, I think I'm the last person who's ever lived in Detroit and not seen the Heidelberg Project, which is sad because I go to eastern market a lot and it's right there. so, it's time to dust off the trusty old canon and the 28mm lens. I've been taking too much digital lately, and it's time to change that.
anyways, I think I'm the last person who's ever lived in Detroit and not seen the Heidelberg Project, which is sad because I go to eastern market a lot and it's right there. so, it's time to dust off the trusty old canon and the 28mm lens. I've been taking too much digital lately, and it's time to change that.



2 Comments:
yeah. i love the smell of film. unfortunately, i'm getting rid of my beloved autofocus canon that i bought in 1989: http://tinyurl.com/but66
so sad! mine is a '70s canon ftb battleship that I got from my dad. it is a little catankerous these days but I have a few lenses for it, so can't let it go.
Post a Comment
<< Home