1.8.05

in which our hero turns to the dark side

after months of protest and resistance I swallowed my pride of independance. it lodged in my throat like a crusty stale biscuit with nothing to wash it down. that is to say, I pulled an anakin and got me a cell phone. my world will be forever altered.

no longer will I have to look for a pay phone!


no longer will I have to pre-plan where to meet somebody!


no longer will I feel the smug satisfaction of going out to dinner with a group of people and sitting quietly while everyone else is talking on their phones simultaneously!


but damn will it be handy. especially when roaming about large cities, trying to find my friends and get un-lost. or when you're meeting up with people and are late enough that you're afraid they might leave before you get there. or are stuck in an airport with nothing else to bloody do but call a friend and say, "Yep, sitting in the airport. you?"


forgive me Father, for I have sinned the sin of convenience. I will say ten hail marys for each time I interrupt a real face-to-face conversation to answer my phone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is something to help acclimate you to the world of cell phone users. Congratulations!

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/05/26/000526opwireless.html

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home