random noise bursts
In the continuing story of How Not To Build A Home Recording Studio (subtitled: "don't quit your day job!"), I decided to re-visit some of the 4-track recordings I've made over the years. Some of these go back 6 years, when I was recording to an old 2-track reel-to-reel. that's some hi-fi stuff, let me tell ya. anyways, I typically would record something and then listen to it once or twice and then never again, so I had completely forgotten about some of these tracks and snippets. After listening to the recordings, I came up with these distinct conclusions:
1. lyrics: can't write 'em. crap crap crapulence.
2. if ever I get the notion that I should sing outside of church, the shower, or the car, I have obviously suffered blunt-force trauma to the head and should be taken to the nearest hospital.
3. corollary to #2: even my dearest, closest friends will not hear the tracks that I've attempted to sing on, unless you get me very drunk. Which means you'll have to wait until after thanksgiving at the earliest.
4. the best songs I wrote were inevitably the stupid, silly kid-song style, like the one about how to make Anna's Magic Brownies. Or the song about dropsy.
5. I wish I still had my keyboard--it was so fun and easy to pull off some fake Moby shit, which makes me think he's a hack.
and, thankfully,
6. my guitar playing has, in fact, improved in the past 6 years. thank God.
anyone want to buy a slightly-used Tascam 424 mkII 4-track recorder? I'll let it go for half of what this place wants...
1. lyrics: can't write 'em. crap crap crapulence.
2. if ever I get the notion that I should sing outside of church, the shower, or the car, I have obviously suffered blunt-force trauma to the head and should be taken to the nearest hospital.
3. corollary to #2: even my dearest, closest friends will not hear the tracks that I've attempted to sing on, unless you get me very drunk. Which means you'll have to wait until after thanksgiving at the earliest.
4. the best songs I wrote were inevitably the stupid, silly kid-song style, like the one about how to make Anna's Magic Brownies. Or the song about dropsy.
5. I wish I still had my keyboard--it was so fun and easy to pull off some fake Moby shit, which makes me think he's a hack.
and, thankfully,
6. my guitar playing has, in fact, improved in the past 6 years. thank God.
anyone want to buy a slightly-used Tascam 424 mkII 4-track recorder? I'll let it go for half of what this place wants...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home