Life Lesson #5: Polymer Chemistry
Lesson: decreasing the temperature of a plastic will make the material glassy, thus rendering it more brittle.
Application: if you leave a CD in your car in sub-freezing temperatures, then drop that CD onto a hard surface, it'll break like your mom's fine china.
[so long, Ben Harper, it was good to know ya]
Application: if you leave a CD in your car in sub-freezing temperatures, then drop that CD onto a hard surface, it'll break like your mom's fine china.
[so long, Ben Harper, it was good to know ya]



3 Comments:
Your Belle and Sebastian CD is quite warm here in Southern California.
I'm a jerk for never mailing it to you. I've had it now since May 2002...
Actually, I'm kind of comforted by the fact that it's waiting for me to pick it up someday.... just another good excuse to visit SoCal (other than the surfing).
Next time I suggest warming it up in the microwave before dropping it on a hard surface.
-Scott
Post a Comment
<< Home