New Years Resolution (better late than never)
You know how its always so great to spend time with an old friend or family members that you don't get to see very often? And what do we always say? "Hope to see you again soon!" But we rarely do. Schedules and daily life get in the way, not to mention a lack of funds and vacation time. The best laid plans of men, and all that.
But, as Chris Farley says in Tommy Boy, "I've got a.....plan."
My goal this year will be to take one trip per month to visit people I love who live far away. Far away can even be a relative thing--if you live an hour away, its doubtful I will get to see you very often (cue 80s synth-pop from Bruce Hornsby, "that's just the way it is"). I think its a goal I can keep up, mixing up longer trips with shorter weekend trips. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Jan: Ontario to see friends/family (did that last weekend)
Feb: Florida to see my dad and his family (tix are already in hand)
Mar: open--possibly to Columbus, OH to see family. I visited over Christmas, but got holed up by a foot of snow so only really got to see my grandmother.
Apr: Chicago, I think. My friend Mike (www.imperfectarticles.com) is supposed to have a gallery opening then. I've always wanted to take the train to Chicago--after all, the local Amtrak station is about 100 yards from my house!
after that, all the months are open. I'm thinking of spending July 4th in NYC, many great friends to see there. So, if you have trip ideas for me, let me know!
oh--and I'm tentatively planning a trip to go surfing somewhere, lemme know if you want in on the trip :) [side note: I've never been surfing, so it'd have to be somewhere where you can rent all the equipment and get some basic instruction]
But, as Chris Farley says in Tommy Boy, "I've got a.....plan."
My goal this year will be to take one trip per month to visit people I love who live far away. Far away can even be a relative thing--if you live an hour away, its doubtful I will get to see you very often (cue 80s synth-pop from Bruce Hornsby, "that's just the way it is"). I think its a goal I can keep up, mixing up longer trips with shorter weekend trips. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Jan: Ontario to see friends/family (did that last weekend)
Feb: Florida to see my dad and his family (tix are already in hand)
Mar: open--possibly to Columbus, OH to see family. I visited over Christmas, but got holed up by a foot of snow so only really got to see my grandmother.
Apr: Chicago, I think. My friend Mike (www.imperfectarticles.com) is supposed to have a gallery opening then. I've always wanted to take the train to Chicago--after all, the local Amtrak station is about 100 yards from my house!
after that, all the months are open. I'm thinking of spending July 4th in NYC, many great friends to see there. So, if you have trip ideas for me, let me know!
oh--and I'm tentatively planning a trip to go surfing somewhere, lemme know if you want in on the trip :) [side note: I've never been surfing, so it'd have to be somewhere where you can rent all the equipment and get some basic instruction]



2 Comments:
Hmmm....surfing. I haven't a clue where you could do that. :)
We're always a willing foil for those Worldperks miles.
believe me, y'alls are near the top of my list (tho I have enough miles to make it to Hawaii...hmmm)
Post a Comment
<< Home