31.1.05

Prohibition

Here is a sampling of items that are prohibited to ship to Peru from the U.S. (got this off the US postal service website). I have taken the liberty to add my explanation for the prohibition of each item (note: please don't think I'm making fun of Peru--I am sure the U.S. has an even larger and more ridiculous list. rather, I am making fun of silly government regulations--they truly are borderless).

- Artificial flowers and interior ornaments - tackiness will NOT be imported!
- Ceramic products and imitation jewelry - see above.
- Clothing, accessories, and underwear - no thongs allowed. no whitie-tighties either.
- Communist propaganda - fascist and anarchic propoganda is welcome
- Contraceptive products, remedies, or apparatus - exactly what is a contraceptive remedy?
- Electrical household appliances - we eschew technology.

- Footwear, shoes, boots, and accessories - we are working on a process of levitation that will render footwear obsolete.

- Household articles of iron, steel, copper, and aluminum - ceramics are out, too (see above), so I guess you have to cook in plastic.

- Household linens - once you levitate, beds are not necessary either.

- Playing cards - gambling is the work of the devil!

- Toys and dolls of all kinds - frivolity and fun must be preapproved by the government.

- Travel articles, suitcases, attache cases, kits, or similar articles - don't even THINK about leaving!

- Waxes and creams for shoes - if you can't send the shoes, don't send the shoe polish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home