epilogue
the new york times website had some amazing maps showing differences between the 2004 and 2008 elections, county by county. I'm a self-admitted stats junkie, but this one is just too much for me right now.

what this says is that Arkansas and Tennessee voted overwhelmingly more republican than they did even for George Bush. I'm trying to find a reason other than racism but I haven't found one yet.
Someone please....give me another reason. I'm serious. Mass emigration of democrats, anything. I need to know that there's a more rational explanation for this.

what this says is that Arkansas and Tennessee voted overwhelmingly more republican than they did even for George Bush. I'm trying to find a reason other than racism but I haven't found one yet.
Someone please....give me another reason. I'm serious. Mass emigration of democrats, anything. I need to know that there's a more rational explanation for this.



6 Comments:
I assume you're not mentioning Louisiana because of the obvious mass, forced emigration of black people circa... oh, 2005.
exactly--I don't know of similar acts occurring in TN and AR, but I'm waiting (desperately) for someone to tell me I'm wrong.
I guess we should call out southeast Oklahoma and northern Alabama as well.
However, looking at the full map, the entire state of Indiana took a hard left.
Holy crap! Have you tried looking at the voting shifts comparing '08 to '00, '96, and '92. That is a disturbing trend...
incredible. For that matter, check the Ross Perot effect in '92. He got 18-25% of the vote in most states, 19% popular vote overall.
Tennessee represent
Post a Comment
<< Home