2.11.08

curse the machinations

I have a mild paranoia about missing the daylight savings time shift. It's happened before. See, those who are blissfully without television miss both all of the horrendous political ads as well as the friendly reminders to set your clocks back. Netflix live streaming somehow doesn't offer those bits (which is why I prefer them).

This year I was prepared, or so I thought. I checked last weekend, just in case, but no--it was this weekend. Safely with that knowledge, last night I turned our alarm clock back an hour. Presto! you can get up at 7am and feel fresh and bright. Speaking of fresh and bright, it was exactly this in our bedroom this morning when the alarm went off. The man on NPR proclaimed it to be 8:15, which completely perplexed me. "Did we get it wrong?" I asked. "But I looked it up on the internet!"

Turns out our new clock is smarter than us: it turned itself back an hour as well. One step forward and two back; adding to my paranoia in tiny increments. Hey--at least we got some extra sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

You were doubly prepared for that time change. Luckily, I didn't have to get up for anything, so it wasn't an issue for me.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home