bringing back the old man chic
it's the beginning of my birthweek and I started it in style: unintentionally falling asleep at nine pm last night, only to wake up at ten-thirty and decide I needed to stay up a while. So I hit surfthechannel.com and watched old episodes of V: the Visitors. Dude knows how to party. Damn, when I was seven or eight that show was cool as hell, but now I realize it was just a bunch of cheesy action scenes (think A-Team) with sci-fi and lizard aliens thrown in.
Have you seen surfthechannel.com? If you haven't, just don't. It has every obscure TV show you ever watched in instant streaming. The other day it helped me sate my urge to see the Simpsons episode where Bart takes the ADD drug FocusIn and shoots down a Major League Baseball satellite that was reading his thoughts. And then Mark McGwire the steroid-laden homerun hitter shows up and says to the gathering crowd, "It's true: we're reading your thoughts. I could explain this all to you, or you can watch me hit some dingers! [home runs]" and the whole crowd yells, "Dingers!!" It's beautiful. And very appropriate for this season of politics and financial hullabaloo.
Hm. I've gone from getting older and falling asleep to the politics of the Simpsons. I also got a free muffin today at the tea shop. Here's hoping the rest of the birthweek is as peculiarly interesting--to me anyways.
Have you seen surfthechannel.com? If you haven't, just don't. It has every obscure TV show you ever watched in instant streaming. The other day it helped me sate my urge to see the Simpsons episode where Bart takes the ADD drug FocusIn and shoots down a Major League Baseball satellite that was reading his thoughts. And then Mark McGwire the steroid-laden homerun hitter shows up and says to the gathering crowd, "It's true: we're reading your thoughts. I could explain this all to you, or you can watch me hit some dingers! [home runs]" and the whole crowd yells, "Dingers!!" It's beautiful. And very appropriate for this season of politics and financial hullabaloo.
Hm. I've gone from getting older and falling asleep to the politics of the Simpsons. I also got a free muffin today at the tea shop. Here's hoping the rest of the birthweek is as peculiarly interesting--to me anyways.



3 Comments:
happy birthweek to you
happy birthweek to you
happy biiiiirthweek dear jay dub...
(it's really a shame these aren't audio comments because my voice is truly one of a kind.)
It sounds like you could use some of Bart's Focusin. Actually, I'm sure we all could.
I quote Lisa, in another episode*:
"Pep pills! I don't need no pep pills! Peppillspeppilslss....I think I have a problem."
*the one where Bart gets a credit card with Santa's Little Helper's name on it.
Post a Comment
<< Home