12.10.08

our band could be your life

what do you wish for your birthday? for me, I want everything to be exactly what I want it to be. I don't know when this started, but my birthday is my favorite day of the year. Every small thing I do is done precisely how I want it to be done. Even if it's not, I decide that's how I wanted it anyways.

Today I went for a bike ride first thing--it was pristine. Mid-60s weather, sunny, legs felt good. I wasn't sure how far I was going to go, but I decided it was time to start biking my age. I figure it's good incentive to stay in shape. When I hit sixty...ask me again if it was a good idea.

why can't I treat every day like everything I do is exactly what I want? I'm not sure. For one, I probably shouldn't have beer at lunch every day. But beyond that I think it actually takes energy to decide to be that positive, and I just don't have it in me every day.

So the rest of life will have to be a roulette wheel of good day-bad day-indifferent day, but that's okay: I've still got October 12th.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terroni said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. William.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Happy birthday. I'm glad it turned out exactly the way you wanted.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday jdub. i'm glad you enjoyed it!

on a somewhat related note, i think birthdays should always fall on weekends. i wonder if there is a government form i can fill out to make my birthday always the last saturday in may?

6:39 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

evan's birthday, observed?

8:56 AM  
Blogger John DeSavage said...

Here, print out a stack of these: http://tinyurl.com/4gz2l8

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home