we shall end this destructive conflict and rule the galaxy

(from Ironic Sans, via Alex)
I've been in a love-hate relationship with the Obama marketing, especially the Shepard Fairey posters. They're beautiful and yet the cult-of-personality* aspect of Obama makes my internal Orwell chafe a little. Make thee no graven images, etcetera.
Still, Obama is the first political candidate ever who has made me even a little bit excited, so my paranoia is soothed somewhat. And he doesn't look much like the emperor, right?
*cue Living Colour. No wait, don't.



5 Comments:
I know. There are some really great things about him, but he's still a politician.
here here. (hear hear?)
i love all the logos and posters, but every time i think, "maybe i'll get one of those stickers..." i remember that in 5 months he'll be in office or not, and all the fancy stuff will stop and he'll be just like so many others before him.
chewie/solo for president. by "change" they mean blasting you under the table in a seedy bar on tatooine.
I feel much the same way about him.
I've always liked going into resale or antique shops and seeing the old political buttons and other detritus.
"I Like Ike!"
"Goldwater: Could Be Worse!"
"Vote Reagan: Ageism ain't cool!"
wikipedia has an interesting linguistic history for "hear, hear!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear_hear
that is, if you're a word origin nerd like me.
Post a Comment
<< Home