24.4.08

wake up! it's no use pretending

I just can't bear to stay here a moment longer! It's sunny and the world is in love with itself (and I, being a part of the world, would like to join in on the self-love).

ahem. I didn't mean that to sound quite how it came out, but I think my fellow lovers of Spring can understand what I meant.

Sun! Warmth! Flowers and Growing Things!

I feel like a bloody musical; like dancing around with cartoon animals and singing cheesy songs. I feel like lying facedown in the grass and breathing in the smell of the earth. I want to feel the softness of the tender leaf shoots that have finally burst forth from the buds. I want to see all my friends and give them a hug at the same time. Huuuugs!

Every year at this time I get infatuated with life again. A long winter of unrequited limerence towards nature is finally reciprocated.


naked as we came - sachal vasandani

-----------------
update:
A co-worker said to me this morning, "My, you're quite spritely today." Yes. Yes I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terroni said...

i love, love, love this time of year. i say that today. tomorrow, it's supposed to snow. i don't love that time of year.

10:39 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

yeah. It's too bad that the trees all decided to pollinate at once becasue the winter was so long. K and I are both foggy-headed and miserable. It's like winter's last Fuck You from the grave.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home