11.4.08

how george bush has affected my grad school career

- in 2001, his "economic stimulus" check bought me a futon.
- also in 2001, he killed the program that was funding my research. I then exited grad school with my master's degree.
- this year I applied for a fellowship partly on the basis that GWB cut my previous research funding. Last week I found out I got the fellowship. Yay for karma.

I've yet to decide what this year's "economic stimulus" check will buy. Perhaps a new computer for when I quit my job and they re-claim the one I've been using for the past five years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terroni said...

I didn't make enough to get a check this year. Bastards.

It's a shame because I could stimulate the economy in all sorts of naughty ways.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I'm stimulating the economy by driving to San Francisco. I can't wait.

3:09 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

I'm going to stuff it in my mattress, just to spite them. ha.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home