27.3.08

El Barzón


(noun)

1) the yoke of a horse-drawn plow.

2) a Mexican social movement to protest soaring farming debt due to devaluation of the peso.

3) a killer restaurant in SW Detroit. Perfect for celebrating with friends. Plus, it's BYOB, except if you ask the 16-year-old server if it's BYOB, she'll have no idea what you're talking about.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alissa said...

Still thinking about my enchiladas... mmmmm....

3:57 PM  
Blogger Terroni said...

I know I haven't emailed you yet. (This weekend off quickly filled up with crap I couldn't get done when I was working.) Anyway, I know I haven't emailed...but I plan to because in all that time I spent in Detroit, I never found anyone to show me anything but really cheap housing.

I will pay you and Katie (and Alissa and Evan, if they are up for hire) to show me something fabulous. Preferably something fabulous and delicious. I have about $0.84 budgeted into student loans for food and guide consultants. Will that cover it?

11:27 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

the economy is so depressed up here that 84 cents will buy a loaf of bread, a hunk of cheese and a small mug of beer.

as for guiding? that comes free for the love of d-town. Next time you can roll up we'll hit the highlights. I'll practice my boomy baritone tour guide voice.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home