7.3.08

it's hard to think about anything but to breathe

all the correct parties have been called, so now is the proper time to say it loud: we eloped.

sunday the 24th, on a warm and powerfully windy afternoon we reached the peak of arthur's pass and decided to go hiking while the sun was high. Katie pressed on with a surprisingly brisk pace, leaving me scrambling to keep up. Surrounded by mountain peaks and little white flowers, I thought to myself "this would be a fantastic place to ask someone to marry you." A few minutes later, a complete surprise to me, she did. She had brought two thin, silver rings all this way. We had a quiet, personal ceremony with the earth as our witness.

A few minutes later an older couple passed by us in full hiking gear. "How ya doin?" the guy asked. We couldn't reply. We just stood there, speechless and laughing.


when you love somebody - fruit bats

7 Comments:

Blogger Terroni said...

yea...
yea, love.
yea, jw and katie.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! We're so happy for you both.

COW/JAW

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy shit, yay! congrats a whole bunch!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Congratulations!

4:54 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

thanks, y'all. we're super excited!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Alissa said...

I can't wait to see you guys and give you great big hugs! I'm so happy!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Oh my gawd. That's so sweet and romantic. I'm so happy for you.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home