stories from the city, stories from the sea
this morning, after flying in at 7am, I was planning to go straight to work. ha. naivete is in my blood.
In the midst of re-processing and re-acclimating, I did want to tell one story. Tuesday morning we saw whales. Giant sperm whales, 50 feet long, coming to the surface to breathe and spout little sprays of water, then diving again with a slow tail flip. We then took our plane to L.A. and then spent Tuesday afternoon at Manhattan beach. It was sunny and just a bit warm. The surfers were out en masse. We ate sushi and seaweed salad as the sun set slowly over the other side of the pacific.
Whales in NZ and surfers in LA on the same day (sorta the same day). It blows my mind, in a good way.
In the midst of re-processing and re-acclimating, I did want to tell one story. Tuesday morning we saw whales. Giant sperm whales, 50 feet long, coming to the surface to breathe and spout little sprays of water, then diving again with a slow tail flip. We then took our plane to L.A. and then spent Tuesday afternoon at Manhattan beach. It was sunny and just a bit warm. The surfers were out en masse. We ate sushi and seaweed salad as the sun set slowly over the other side of the pacific.
Whales in NZ and surfers in LA on the same day (sorta the same day). It blows my mind, in a good way.



4 Comments:
Holy cow that's amazing! I can't wait to see more photos.
That sounds so great. I would love to see the sea. I would love to be able to go outside without wearing layers upon layers. I did eat sushi this weekend, but it certainly wasn't anywhere near a beach.
damn...this shot is fantastic!
more pics coming soon....the task of sifting through them is daunting. This weekend, I promise.
Post a Comment
<< Home