I can't tell what kind of life I've led today
weekend post-party notes.
best friends concoct flaming absinthe cocktails on your birthday, then hold your hair back for you (metaphorically) during the aftermath.
a skunk ran into the garage but we managed to scare it out by repeatedly opening and closing the garage door from the relative safety inside the house. crisis averted!
I made a flourless chocolate torte for katie's birthday (flourless because one of our friends can't eat wheat gluten, but mostly because it's sooo much richer and more chocolatey delicious).
karen bought me this shirt for my birthday. It has immediately become my new favorite.
the chinese lanterns glowing outside were spooky and beckoning at the same time, especially if you're a moth.
by the end of the night brian and heather were arguing about whether mathematics was art.
no glasses were smashed, on purpose or by accident. alas.
I woke up at 6am sunday morning with the simultaneous thoughts "how did I get in bed?" and "where are my pants?" -- by age 30, I've yet to figure out my lack of tolerance for liquor (especially when someone else is making the drinks).
best friends concoct flaming absinthe cocktails on your birthday, then hold your hair back for you (metaphorically) during the aftermath.
a skunk ran into the garage but we managed to scare it out by repeatedly opening and closing the garage door from the relative safety inside the house. crisis averted!
I made a flourless chocolate torte for katie's birthday (flourless because one of our friends can't eat wheat gluten, but mostly because it's sooo much richer and more chocolatey delicious).
karen bought me this shirt for my birthday. It has immediately become my new favorite.
the chinese lanterns glowing outside were spooky and beckoning at the same time, especially if you're a moth.
by the end of the night brian and heather were arguing about whether mathematics was art.
no glasses were smashed, on purpose or by accident. alas.
I woke up at 6am sunday morning with the simultaneous thoughts "how did I get in bed?" and "where are my pants?" -- by age 30, I've yet to figure out my lack of tolerance for liquor (especially when someone else is making the drinks).



4 Comments:
I've had those same exact thoughts after a birthday a few years ago!
Sorry we missed the celebrations, sounds like it was a fabulous time!
i woke up the same way sunday morning (but it's not my birthday).
Hi John! I realized after the fact that perhaps I should have done my part in smashing that beautiful goblet. But what a shame it would have been.
It was a wonderful party -- thank you for humoring me, with my late arrival and penchant for argument!
Heather, perhaps we'll have to revisit this theme. SO glad you came, and brought your arguments. Props for being the final partygoer to leave.
Post a Comment
<< Home