jesus, don't you know that you coulda died
Fevers give you wacked out dreams. Sorta like melatonin, but more stressful and less restful. Monday night I was suffering from the fever/chill rollercoaster of doom and I was having this dream that my body had to follow this precise temperature pattern of heating and cooling, otherwise I would feel miserable. It was like riding a bike on this little temperature pathway about a hair's-width wide and trying not to fall off it. Stressful, indeed, and I felt quite miserable, indeed.
So I called in yesterday. I rarely do this, maybe once every two or three years and never for two days in a row. I'm either stubborn or a quick healer. Well, this morning was almost a first, but I ______________ (stubbornly / stupidly / valiantly - choose your own modifier) decided to come in to work today. Partly it was because we leave tomorrow afternoon for San Fran (Katie's brother is getting married!) and partly it was to pick up some microphones (jake: "you traded the caddy for this?" elwood: "no, for a microphone." jake: "alright, I can see that."). Oh, and I hope to actually complete some work along the way, too; that'd be swell. I'm not counting on it.
In less crabby and complain-y news, we're having a smashing double birthday housewarming party in a few weeks! Oct. 20th. And you're all invited. All six of you. I'm officially hitting the 1930s and Katie will be a year older, too. A bit of backstory: when we moved in together we realized that we had way too much stemware. I started to count it all but ran out of fingers and toes. And our liquor cabinet has reached the three-deep mark. So! we decided that having a party was the best way to lose a few glasses to Sir Isaac Newton and some liquor to our friends. Plus, it's a bit too quiet in the suburbs; we actually cheer when the train goes by. So, dammit, I'm smashing a glass for my 30th, though I've yet to figure out how to do it safely with a multitude of tipsy folks around.
New albums to power me through the day (wish me luck):
sonic youth - sonic youth
andrew bird - armchair apocrypha
So I called in yesterday. I rarely do this, maybe once every two or three years and never for two days in a row. I'm either stubborn or a quick healer. Well, this morning was almost a first, but I ______________ (stubbornly / stupidly / valiantly - choose your own modifier) decided to come in to work today. Partly it was because we leave tomorrow afternoon for San Fran (Katie's brother is getting married!) and partly it was to pick up some microphones (jake: "you traded the caddy for this?" elwood: "no, for a microphone." jake: "alright, I can see that."). Oh, and I hope to actually complete some work along the way, too; that'd be swell. I'm not counting on it.
In less crabby and complain-y news, we're having a smashing double birthday housewarming party in a few weeks! Oct. 20th. And you're all invited. All six of you. I'm officially hitting the 1930s and Katie will be a year older, too. A bit of backstory: when we moved in together we realized that we had way too much stemware. I started to count it all but ran out of fingers and toes. And our liquor cabinet has reached the three-deep mark. So! we decided that having a party was the best way to lose a few glasses to Sir Isaac Newton and some liquor to our friends. Plus, it's a bit too quiet in the suburbs; we actually cheer when the train goes by. So, dammit, I'm smashing a glass for my 30th, though I've yet to figure out how to do it safely with a multitude of tipsy folks around.
New albums to power me through the day (wish me luck):
sonic youth - sonic youth
andrew bird - armchair apocrypha



4 Comments:
A liquor cabinet three deep? That's a lot of fucking good luck right there. I refuse to wish you anymore...you're cup overflowth.
Shit...that should have said "your"
I dunno, I kinda like "I am cup overfloweth"
and yes, it's getting a bit ridiculous up there. Three kinds of shochu, really? Who needs THREE? and yet no vodka right now...figure it out. I can't.
No vodka?
That doesn't seem right...like the universe might be a bit out of balance.
Post a Comment
<< Home