I have the death sentence on twelve systems
memorable quotes* from belgium, while drinking pineau and watching closed-captioned tour de france coverage in the hotel room:
jw: "oh my god: 'vader' is dutch for 'father.' How cheesy is that? Lucas is such a pathetic thief!"
katie: "empire strikes back probably lost some of its dramatic effect when shown here."
*paraphrased quite liberally
jw: "oh my god: 'vader' is dutch for 'father.' How cheesy is that? Lucas is such a pathetic thief!"
katie: "empire strikes back probably lost some of its dramatic effect when shown here."
*paraphrased quite liberally



4 Comments:
Just for the record (there is a record, right?), I've always thought Lucas was a total douche bag.
I think this fact was confirmed during star wars I - III.
I have this whole other issue with the soundtrack (done by john williams, no relation), and how he stole ALL his music from various classical composers. I did a whole radio show once comparing the star wars soundtrack and stravinsky's "the rite of spring." you can't call that artistic borrowing. shit be stolen.
I consider myself lucky to know the man who conceives of such a radio show.
well, the show was from 3am-6am on friday nights/saturday mornings so they pretty much let us do anything we wanted. and we did. gotta love college radio.
Post a Comment
<< Home