but hey--where have you been?
i went running through the arb this morning and decided to take a new, longer route. i really like running in the arb because the paths are soft and the trees vault upwards, making me feel small and peaceful. i like to imagine that the trees are exhaling oxygen and making it easier for me to run, though in reality the air is probably as dirty as the rest of the city. it smells a lot nicer, though.
i promptly got lost, which is a good way to extend your running distance if you're like me. so I started taking small paths that I thought might lead me somewhere useful. a rabbit decided to pace me a bit on one of these narrow paths before blazing away instantaneously. in a disney world, it would have been laughing to itself at the clumsy, plodding human. then, in a clearing, a small doe appeared, stopped, looked warily towards me. I (gladly) slowed to a walk and crept towards it when a frisky, spotted faun bounced into the clearing. it had just enough time to see its mother, see me, and quickly bound away as the mother followed.
my legs are already complaining, but I'm feeling peaceful and unusually lucid. I think my best mornings are the ones where I'm late to work.
i promptly got lost, which is a good way to extend your running distance if you're like me. so I started taking small paths that I thought might lead me somewhere useful. a rabbit decided to pace me a bit on one of these narrow paths before blazing away instantaneously. in a disney world, it would have been laughing to itself at the clumsy, plodding human. then, in a clearing, a small doe appeared, stopped, looked warily towards me. I (gladly) slowed to a walk and crept towards it when a frisky, spotted faun bounced into the clearing. it had just enough time to see its mother, see me, and quickly bound away as the mother followed.
my legs are already complaining, but I'm feeling peaceful and unusually lucid. I think my best mornings are the ones where I'm late to work.



1 Comments:
What a beautiful way to start the day!
Post a Comment
<< Home