all of us under its spell
still trying to absorb and digest details of our trip to peru. it's a bit disorienting coming back to the other side of the world and waking up to snow covering everything. that, and I'll be leaving for nyc friday morning, so I'm trying to pretend that they still need me at work by getting a lot of shite done. trying.I've hundreds of pictures, but they all seem out of context, and I can't even really see them as just pictures right now. it's like when you know someone so well you can't see them objectively anymore, they're colored with memory and personality and they stop being just that physical entity in front of you. that's what these pictures are. so I can't seem to gather them up and choose particularly interesting ones to put here.
this one will have to do for now. it's a brand new fern from the cloud forest in manu, just beginning to unfurl and still covered in this crazy, gelatinous protective fluid. without getting too cheesy, it's an apt metaphor for where my memories are of this trip. still forming, slightly sticky and misshapen.



1 Comments:
Stunning. Can't wait to hear more about the trip!
Post a Comment
<< Home