a wolf among wolves
a post by slimbolala reminded me of my own strange tendency to use my mouth as a tool, far, FAR more than is recommended by physicians, mothers, or the general public. ("Thirty Helens agree....")
Yesterday, while holding armloads of groceries I dropped my car keys in the snowy parking lot. Not wanting to mash a big wad of snow into the lock, thus guaranteeing it to freeze solid for the rest of the winter, I instead cleaned off the key with my mouth. as the taste of melting snow mixed with road salt and motor oil settled on my tongue I immediately began to wonder what possesses me in these situations. Why don't I just wipe off the snow on my pants or shirtsleeve like a rational, high-level thinking animal would?
am I one genetic/development state closer to wild animals than the average person? am I a feral human?
Yesterday, while holding armloads of groceries I dropped my car keys in the snowy parking lot. Not wanting to mash a big wad of snow into the lock, thus guaranteeing it to freeze solid for the rest of the winter, I instead cleaned off the key with my mouth. as the taste of melting snow mixed with road salt and motor oil settled on my tongue I immediately began to wonder what possesses me in these situations. Why don't I just wipe off the snow on my pants or shirtsleeve like a rational, high-level thinking animal would?
am I one genetic/development state closer to wild animals than the average person? am I a feral human?



3 Comments:
Kind of like remembering how much you drop your cell phone while you're chewing on the end if its antenna.
exactly. is it a subconscious oral fixation? I don't know.
Don't lick the keys! (Or, actually, do. I don't care.)
I used to have a co-worker who was in many ways a lovely lady but also a complete trainwreck. I was in the breakroom one day trying to get something from the vending machine. My quarter kept falling through. She saw my plight and said, "Here, just lick it." She licked it. I silently cringed. She put the quarter in the mahcine. It worked. Blech!
Post a Comment
<< Home