2.2.07

is there life on mars?

brian is moving. not far, still in brooklyn, but less parkey and less slopey--kinda sandwiched between the cemetary and the water, I think. I humbly offered to help him move, only to find out I was going to be in peru that weekend. sorry, bri. instead, I'll come in to help with a bit of painting, light construction, and discovering his new neighborhood.

tasks on hand, so far:

1) karaoke at some yet-determined bar (the old standby is the tiny japanese place on st. marks place). songs lined up thus far: "heart of glass" by blondie and "sheila take a bow" by the smiths. I've always had a secret desire to sing a dean martin-ish lounge version of "my boyfriend's back." will it be this time?

2) build a closet/wardrobe using as few tools as possible while wondering whether the fumes from MDF really are carcinogenic.

3) help anna paint the upper-half of her kitchen (i.e., beyond the point she can reach without a ladder).

4) find out which bar has the best beer selection in brian's new neighborhood. bonus points if they also have stroh's and/or elijah craig bourbon.

5) record some samples and tracks for our virtual real band with virtual members. we have one song written; now it's time for some new material. I have a feeling item #1 on this list could be helpful.

5 Comments:

Blogger dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, like thank you so much for the Dinomention....no one cooler to emulate then our Dino. Never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool. Oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth!

6:47 PM  
Blogger happyfeet.dinojr said...

Hey pallie, why a secret desire? Sing it now and sing it loud!!! Nothing better than trying to emulate the coolest dude ever walked the earth, Dino!!! Dinoly yours, Nici

8:57 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

um...wow. didna know there were such rabid fans of a passing mention of Mr. Martin. Actually, I kind of prefer Martin Denny to Dean Martin.

11:34 AM  
Blogger dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, well we all have our musical preferences, but as for me there is no one like DINO!

7:46 PM  
Blogger happyfeet.dinojr said...

Hey pallie, wasn't rabid, was it? Enjoy your favourit! Only mine is Dino! Have much fun with singing whatever you like pallie!!! :-) Dinoly yours, Nici

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home