6.10.06

you thought you heard a sound

I had an interesting conversation with katie last night. She asked if I always have a song playing in my head, and I said yes. She replied that she rarely does. It occured to me that I may listen to music all the time in part to change the song in my head. It's not always pleasant to have nonstop sound thrumming between my ears, I think because I can't control it or shut it off and sometimes the same lyric or melody just keeps going over and over and OVER.

And then I began to wonder: if I stopped listening to music would I be free of the virtual music loop in my brain? maybe, but it'd take months and I'd never actually get there. Maybe I could last a week or two, but I'd always come screaming back, shaky hands tearing open a CD case to play those blissful opening chords to pink moon or kid A.

so....what song is in your head right now? anything?

[currently quieting the band in my head via bikini kill's "liar"]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bikini kill silences everything in my head.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home