I need a fix 'cause I'm goin' down
this weekend the temperature is supposed to drop into the teens. my saturation point for michigan winter was surpassed weeks ago. it's time to get out.
tomorrow, my partner and I leave for spain for ten days, splitting our time between mallorca and madrid. is it warm there? any island in the mediterranean is guaranteed to be warmer than here. right now, that's all that matters. a little sun in my life would be good, too.

this is all hinging on the assumption that northwest airlines pilots don't go on strike between now and 4pm tomorrow. if you're so inclined, say a little prayer. I don't tend to pray for things that seem so selfish and menial, but right now I really need a vacation (also something I've rarely said in the past).
tomorrow, my partner and I leave for spain for ten days, splitting our time between mallorca and madrid. is it warm there? any island in the mediterranean is guaranteed to be warmer than here. right now, that's all that matters. a little sun in my life would be good, too.

this is all hinging on the assumption that northwest airlines pilots don't go on strike between now and 4pm tomorrow. if you're so inclined, say a little prayer. I don't tend to pray for things that seem so selfish and menial, but right now I really need a vacation (also something I've rarely said in the past).



6 Comments:
Is it ok if I hate you both a little bit while you're gone? I'll still pray for a safe trip... but I need to be able to despise you a little.
as long as I can reciprocate when you're in san fran. :)
deal - I'll even throw Rome in there for you too.
You guys have fun. C and her mom leave for Madrid tomorrow (24th) and will be there through the weekend...before heading down to the Canaries for two weeks (it's a research trip for C).
Traveling mercies to all.
I'm a little bit bitter about the fact that I don't get to take a trip. Well, actually quite bitter...you better at least post pics.
rest assured: when I find my way out of this pile of emails in my inbox, there will be updates.
Post a Comment
<< Home