3.2.06

someone plead the cure

why didn't I think of this before? whilst the rest of the metro d-troit area is revelling in football and consumerism, why not go Super Bowling at your favorite little dive bowling alley? the Garden Bowl, perhaps; had I planned it right, maybe Jeff would have DJ'd. and then we'd be just a short mile or so up woodward from ford field, but blissfully unaware of what 78% of the rest of the country was watching.

instead, someone beat me to the punch and planned a swell anti-super bowl party. I should know: you don't mess with a planner extra-ordinaire. she'll mess you up, like, ev'rytime. plus, it's probably best to keep our distance from that whole downtown scene. Say, 9 miles up woodward or so.

UPDATE: oh shite, I was one-upped. from the detroit news:
On Thursday night, at Pittsburgh Steeler Jerome Bettis' much-hyped Super Bowling Extravaganza, Detroit Police struggled to contain mobs desperate to catch a glimpse of the NFL greats on Woodward Avenue, outside the Garden Bowl.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i was gonna say... didn't someone beat you to the garden bowl? and what's more disappointing, i think they fixed it up for his arrival...

12:27 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

oh, how the mighty have fallen. or, I guess in this case, the humble have sold out?

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you saying the garden bowl would be better than "the den of relaxation"? I think not.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home