yoshimi battles the pink robots (and wilco)*
sitting in the airport, waiting for my plane, attempting to make a kickass playlist for a friend's mix CD. this one has to be extra good, because she's heading off to China for a couple years to teach English. My theme for this one is "American Music," though I won't be including the Violent Femmes song of the same name. Basically, I'm trying to pick songs that are quinessentially American, even if they're not by an American band. For example, the Rolling Stones "Sweet Black Angel" is soooo American, so it gets on the list. I've currently got list of about 40 songs that I plan to hone into a fierce playlist while on the plane to Tokyo. My thinking is if I'm a fan of the songs while in east Asia, hopefully she will be as well. Who will make the list and who will fall? It's like Survivor for pop music.
*I wrote a bunch of posts during my trip, but could not post them, so I will trickle them in now, using the approximate date and time they were written. My trip: in 3x speed!
*I wrote a bunch of posts during my trip, but could not post them, so I will trickle them in now, using the approximate date and time they were written. My trip: in 3x speed!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home